Wednesday, September 12, 2012

What's up with Renee?

I am low maintenance in my wants. But I'm high maintenance in the realization of those wants.

I want things to go how I want them to. I want to be in control. I want things to go smoothly. To go off without a hitch. To go like I planned and imagined.

And I pout with that doesn't happen.

What else do I pout about?

Food.

Yesterday morning I woke up early. It was a beautiful morning. Spent a little time talking to God and thanking Him for the day before heading to Bojangles for my breakfast meeting with Bethany. But I really wanted coffee. Not Bojangles.


Frozen coffee with lots of sugar and white chocolate and amazingness. Heaven in a cup. The kind of drink that real coffee drinkers don't consider coffee.

My lunch plans were to meet my mom on campus where we would get free subs at the campus Subway. But when Mom got there for lunch, I wasn't hungry. Bojangles biscuit had filled me up. We headed to Subway any way and were met with a line that could rival the Chick-Fil-A day lines...college students and free food.

So at this point I'm getting moody. I didn't get my coffee. I'm not even hungry. And our Subway date isn't working out. We change our plans, but in the process of plan changing, I hear that my favorite coffee shop is having $1 coffee all day. All coffee.

Inwardly pouting even more at this point.

But we have a nice lunch. I always enjoy my Mom-time...but all day I am still thinking of free Subway and $1 coffee. Pouting.

Finally, after work, I head over. I have a plan. I will use my Subway coupon to get Derrick's lunch for tomorrow. And then reward myself with coffee.

I wait for 15 minutes at Subway, happy to get his sub. Walk over to Creek Coffee. And the line is out the door. I have an appointment I have to get to. So I give up.

No coffee. A long day for Renee.

Yes, it's silly. Yes, I am beyond blessed. Yes, lack of coffee is NOT a real problem. Yes, I knew all of this. But what can I say...I really wanted my coffee.

So what did I do this morning? I paid a good amount more than $1...but I got my heaven in a cup.


No comments:

Post a Comment