Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Random Updates

I haven't written in a while - which I hate. I like having brilliant things to write about. Funny stories or somewhat wise insight and advice. Today, though, I don't really have any of that - just a few updates on my life. I am currently at home sick - missing work for the first time since I started working there. Sickness is no fun - I much prefer my job. 

 So, what's going on in my life? 

1. Thanksgiving was perfect. Derrick and I slept in, and then headed to my Mom's house for lunch with that side of the family. We had tons of food, and Derrick and I watched Cinderella with a friend of the family's daughter. I haven't watched Cinderella in a decade, and I'm sure Derrick hasn't watched it in longer than that, so that was fun. It's a lot more intense then I had remembered, and I liked watching Derrick interact with Isabelle. After that, we headed to Granny Jean's house for Thanksgiving with the Green's. They're always great to be around - and I'm glad to be a part of their family. Then it was time for Mom and I to leave for our beach shopping spree :) And time for Derrick to go to work. My weekend with my mom was great, and I got almost all of my Christmas shopping done!

2. We were blessed when Derrick got a job at HHGregg a week before Thanksgiving. Of course, with him starting around the holidays - he's been working many hours and long days, which has given me a taste of what it would be like to live on my own. Lots of time to clean, do the chores, read, watch TV... And it's also given us too much of a chance to miss each other. The house is too quiet, and I get very excited when he comes home at night. He enjoys the job though - for the most part - and it will be good until he can find a full time video job.

3. Sunday afternoon we decorated our Christmas tree, with Elf playing in the background. It was the perfect first holiday tradition to begin together. We bought stockings before we chose our ornaments, and our stockings are green and pink (just like us) - so our ornaments are bright colors that liven up the tree. I love it. Of course, Derrick handed me the ornaments, and I tried my best to place them perfectly. No two ornaments of the same color too close. No big gaps or ornaments on top of each other.It's lovely, and I'm excited to start many more traditions in the next few weeks.

4.The last update or random fact that I'm going to share is that there is a mouse in our house. Now this shouldn't surprise anyone - because we pretty much live in the middle of four fields...surrounded on all sides. But I am terrified of mice. Horrified. Paralyzed. I logically understand that they can't hurt me - but that doesn't matter. So sharing my sick day with a mouse has been difficult. I haven't been in the kitchen all day - because I've heard him in there. After spending the morning avoiding the kitchen, I think I saw him scurry into our bathroom - so I have avoided that this afternoon. I have basically tiptoed from the bed to the couch, being very careful to avoid him. It has crossed my mind to leave altogether. But I will wait until my husband brings the mouse traps home tonight. The part of me who just watched Cinderella wants to rescue the little guy (as I type these words I hear him back in the kitchen...and the want to rescue him dissipates). The rest of me just wants to annihilate him.

Hopefully I'll have something better to share with you soon :)

1 comment:

  1. I just laughed out loud at "the part of me who just watched Cinderalla wants to rescue the little guy" hahaha. Who knows, maybe he could help you make a dress or clean?

    Love your Christmas tree tradition! Jordan and I will do something like that...but we just got the tree today so it hasn't happened yet, haha.

    By the way I LOVE YOU and I am so so so so so so so so infinity so sorry that I haven't been a good friend lately. I'm about to majorly catch up on reading your blog and I want to see you and know EVERYTHING about your life and marriage and etc.

    Much love,
    Ashley

    ReplyDelete