Thursday, November 3, 2011

Thankful Thursdays

I like to believe that I often take time to realize how blessed I am and to be thankful for all of the things that God has given me. I don't know if I really appreciate it all enough though. This November I will be making a list of things that I am thankful for. Every Thursday I will list thirty things that I am thankful for. In no particular order.

I hope that my journey into the spirit of thanksgiving will encourage you to look around and be truly thankful as well.

1. I am thankful that I can talk to God anytime, anywhere, about anything.

2. I am thankful that I have known my grandparents - and have memories with each of them.

3. I am thankful for my cozy bed. So cozy I don't want to leave.

4. I am thankful for my office at work. It is a wonderful haven to work from.

5. I am thankful for sweet tea. That I not only never go thirsty but have my favorite drink always a car ride away.

6. I am thankful for pens and paper - that we can record our thoughts...and make to do lists.

7. I am thankful to work at a place where I can talk about Christ and say "Bless you" without worry of criticism.

8. I am thankful for a brother who is a friend, who will drop by my house just to hang out for ten minutes. 

9. I am thankful to not only have one Christian girlfriend, but to have at least seven who have been beside me through the years. 

10. I am thankful for my student ambassadors - who help me and bless me and surprise me and encourage me. 

11. I am thankful for words. Their beauty. Their message. Their power. Their legacy. 

12. I am thankful that I have clothes to wear every day - a closet full of more than I need. 

13. I am thankful for blankets. They provide warmth and comfort. 

14. I am thankful for my television. I have news and stories and productions and entertainment in the comfort of my own home. 

15. I am thankful for music - it makes sense of feelings, comforts, excites, and tells a millions stories.

16. I am thankful for the Christmas season. The meaning, the smells, the tastes, the cool air, the tradition...

17. I am thankful for books. They are a wonderful escape, a source of encouragement, and a path to adventure.

18. I am thankful to live in the USA. No matter how corrupt our nation may be becoming, it is still the home of the free and land of the brave.

19. I am thankful for the Bible. It's message. It's guidance. It's instruction.

20. I am thankful for my father. That he still takes care of me. That he has always been my biggest fan.

21. I am thankful for clean water. To drink. To wash with. Not everyone has that.

22. I am thankful for photos that capture special moments.

23. I am thankful that I went to WCA - where I received a great education, made amazing memories, and met my best friends.

24. I am thankful for Pandora - bringing a random selection of music to my desk.

25. I am thankful for candles. They make things smell delicious.

26. I am thankful to have a place to go home to. A roof over my head. A cozy couch. A husband who loves me.

27. I am thankful for Facebook - where I can catch up with and be encouraged by friends and family.

28. I am thankful for the two devotions I'm doing right now. One about Paul. One about the women of the Bible. 

29. I am thankful for hot chocolate. And over sized mugs.

30. I am thankful for my mother. My friend. My cheerleader. She's an amazing woman that I'm blessed to have as an example in life.

Next week I'll share with you another thirty things I'm thankful for. Until then, post below and tell me what you're thankful for this November!

1 comment:

  1. I am thankful today for quiet moments. I am also thankful for those little times the Lord sends someone to "pick you up" when you need it.

    ReplyDelete