Wednesday, November 9, 2011

What to Buy Wednesdays

As you can tell from "Marriage Monday", I'm all about alliteration. Wednesday's blogs will focus on things I love ("What to Buy"). With Christmas coming up, maybe I can help you find something to add to your list or to buy for someone else.

Today I want to share with you one of the devotions that I've been doing over the past several months: "Women of the Bible" by Ann Spangler and Jean Syswerda.


I feel like I have learned so much from this simple little devotion book. You spend one week (5 days) on each woman. You read their story, learn about their culture, share their struggles, and are presented with a challenge to your own life. The daily devotions take anywhere from 5-25 minutes to do, so they fit easily into your schedule and can be done own their own or with another devotion. You will meet up with old friends (Eve, Esther, Bathsheba...) and meet new friends. And, while you learn about the women of the Bible, you also learn more about some of the key stories in the Bible and some of the popular men of the Bible.

This book does not go into verse by verse detail, but I feel like it does a great job of overviewing the stories and most important facts of these women. I highly suggest it.

If you're looking to go in-depth and focus on one woman of the bible, then I would suggest this great study by Beth Moore:


I love finding devotions that touch my heart, show me God's heart, and help me grow spiritually.

If you decide to take my suggestions and do either of these great devotional studies, let me know what you think!

And I want to know: What's your favorite devotion?


No comments:

Post a Comment