Friday, November 11, 2011

With a thankful heart...

Today (well, yesterday) we're going with thirteen things I'm thankful for. And, on this 11.11.11 Veteren's day, I want to especially thank our veterans, our soldiers and their families that make so many sacrifices every day so that we can live in the land of the free and home of the brave! How often do I take it for granted that I get to be free because they're so brave!


1. I am thankful that God is coloring the leaves in gorgeous yellows, oranges, and reds.


2. I am thankful for country music and the people who sing it. They feel like family.


3. I am thankful for the people who care about and take care of Campbell University.


4. I am thankful that I am safe. I do not live in fear on a daily basis. There are a lot of people who don't have that.


5. I am thankful that I have someone to share the bed with. Warm and safe.


6. I am thankful for my prospective students. Their confusion. Their curiosity. Their excitement and innocence.



7. I am thankful for printers - they take my words and my designs and make them easy to share.


8. I am thankful for my vehicle. I love it. It has taken me where I need to go, participated in many adventures, put up with my messy fast food lifestyle, and stuck with me for 8 years.


9. I am thankful for my new work phone. I don't miss anything. And I can text now!


10. I am thankful for my sister-in-law (although I just call her sister). She's a great friend...and makes wonderful cookies :)


 11. I am thankful for the windows in my office. I look to the right and have a beautiful picture of campus.


12. I am thankful for the Christmas cookie candle that makes my office smell warm and welcoming. And like Christmas.


13. I am thankful for Pandora. It keeps me company all day - with everything from Mandisa to Keith Whitley from Journey to the Judds.

Thanksgiving is only 2 weeks away! Can't wait :)
Thanksgiving means turkey. family. christmas shopping with mom. christmas tree time. and new traditions with my HUSBAND!


No comments:

Post a Comment