Thursday, May 2, 2013

Pencil You In...

If you haven't seen or heard from Derrick or me in a while...it's not because we stopped caring about you. I promise.

Free weeknights are very rare in our life. Watching TV at the time it comes on doesn't happen. God has been so good to us, and we live life to the full. There's a whole list of people - literally - that we're waiting to dedicate time to...

Growing up, we always had family night. When we began watching Survivor, Thursday night become our big family night...and so it is still. And I value that so much. So when Derrick and I got married, that was something I made a priority. Thursday nights with my family, and he happily supports that.Who can argue with interactive TV watching and good food.

While we were engaged, we wanted to have a family night with Derrick's family as well. So Monday night is our dinner and game night with Derrick's family. It's fun to play Cranium, Farkle, Taboo...over Mexican or Italian or pork chops.

So those close to us know that Mondays and Thursdays are generally taken.
 We have chosen family as a priority.

 Growing up, church was traditionally Sunday morning, Sunday night, and Wednesday night. And, for the most part, we still follow that model. 

Wednesday night is our Small Group -we started a new one last night, and we loved it! And we go to Hope's Sunday at 5 service. So our Wednesday and Sunday nights are taken. 

When we don't have work events on Friday nights, most of the time Derrick is editing his personal video work, and I do laundry and clean. I know it doesn't sound fun - but I love getting all of that done.

Tuesday nights are generally our open night - which means that they get quickly booked with friends and family. Dinner in downtown Raleigh with my best friend. Hanging out with church friends in Fuquay. Going out with Derrick's family...

That leaves us with Saturday nights at home.

So, like I said, I promise we're not trying to ignore you. If you're free on Tuesday or Saturday nights...we can pencil you in :)

No comments:

Post a Comment