Monday, May 27, 2013

This weekend...

 I feel like I haven't been to work in a week - which means that it was probably a good weekend. 

Friday night we went out to eat with my best pal since 4th grade and her wonderful husband. They live a little over an hour away from us, so we are happy when we get to hang out with them on our monthly dates. I am reminded every single time of how blessed I am to have a best friend who has been a huge part of my life since I was 9. Most people don't have that.

After eating, we headed to Pullen park - where we walked around, took in the sights, laughed a lot and played on the playground. It made us miss the days of recess...but appreciate being able to be a kid again around each other. 



On Saturday, we spent the day shopping with Derrick's Mom. We had a nice lunch with her, and then our focus was to find furniture for our deck. It took a lot of shopping and around...and made for a long afternoon...but we were blessed to find a table with chairs and an umbrella and a three-person deck swing with cover - both on sale. 

Then we spent the evening at a fish fry with the Green family - where Jessie and I cheered on our guys as they played a hardcore game of basketball. The night ended with a game of Phase 10...and Derrick and I putting our table together.

Sunday morning we watched a sermon from home and then finished putting our deck furniture together. It was a good project to work through. After I fixed lunch, I took full advantage of the deck - spending a couple of hours basking in the sunshine and getting lost in a good book. 


Sunday night, Derrick and I volunteered with a few other members of our small group in pre-school nursery at church. That was a lot of fun, and it was good to get to hang out with the kiddos. To see their innocence and joy. Afterwards, we grabbed food and headed to my parents house to hear about their trip to Vegas.

Today (Monday), I woke up and spent some time with Jesus (on the deck, of course)...then it was time to go grocery shopping. Which I actually enjoy. While we ate lunch, we discussed our week's chapter of Crazy Love. I love my quiet time with Derrick and God. 

Then I stayed out on the deck and finished reading my book...before we headed off to a cookout with some of our friends at Hope. It was awesome to be surrounded by our new friends, eat good food and laugh at the kids having fun in the backyard 

Now it's Bachelorette time. 

No comments:

Post a Comment