Wednesday, May 22, 2013

Why I love the library..

Today I went to the library on my lunch break. It was both wonderful, inspiring, and overwhelming. As it always is.


My sweet husband likes to give me a hard time about my semi-frequent library trips. For every holiday he always asks if I want a kindle or something similar. No, thank you. 

Why I still go to the library
I like the people, the purpose and the shelves of stories and characters waiting to be discovered. They have books for whatever mood I'm in. Books I can touch and hold and smell.

It beats having to pay for books. Or pay for a kindle and then pay for books. 
And, if I don't like a book, I can just take it back and try again. 
(I still buy all my devotion books. I like writing and highlighting.)

It's where my tax money goes. I know I don't actually get to choose, but I mentally like to believe that my tax money is going to firemen, EMTs and...
 the library. 
I use the library to take advantage of those thousands of dollars that the government so kindly deducts from my salary. 

Why I suck at the library
I don't handle lots of options well. So, at the library, I always go to the exact same aisle. And the exact same authors.

 I've read all of Karen Kingsbury's Christian fiction books and Beverly Lewis' Amish fiction books (yes, I'm obsessed with Amish fiction) at least one-three times each. Today, I had no idea where to go or what to get because I've literally recently read all of my "go-to books". 
So what did I end up with? Robin Jones Gunn's books - which I read many times in high school.

So I encourage you to take advantage of some of your tax dollars!
And also please give me some suggestions of new authors to explore...

No comments:

Post a Comment