Monday, May 20, 2013

Beauty Maker, Time Saver

Over the past few months, I've discovered two things that - as a woman - make my life a little easier.

1. Coconut Oil
My dear friend Ashley turned me on to this. At first, I was skeptical, but I gave it a try. There are many benefits to coconut oil, but I primarily use it for two reasons:

In the mornings or evenings, while getting ready, I put a spoonful in my mouth and slowly swish it for 10-20 minutes. This (weird) simple thing helps clean your teeth and gums, freshen your breath and detoxify your mouth. After the 10-20 minutes - DON'T SWALLOW. Spit and brush your teeth. 

Before I take a shower or a bath, I rub coconut oil all over (it's especially awesome for the face as well). 
It makes for a slippery shower, but creates smooth, soft skin! And it sure beats having to put heavy, sticky lotion on afterwards.

 
Just give it a try.  $6 at Walmart - cheaper than any other mouth wash/moisturizer combo I know of.

2. Wardrobe Match-up
(Get ready to roll your eyes. But trust me.)

Last Monday night, Derrick was out of town - so I had many hours of productivity. The night before I had been feeling like I "needed" new clothes, and I knew that wasn't the case. I'm not one to spend money on fashion - so I wanted to avoid sinking into that...
 I was just overwhelmed and tired of grabbing the same outfits each day.

 I needed organization and inspiration. 
So, I literally spread my entire wardrobe out around the house so that I could see every piece and proceeded to go through my clothes. I would grab bottoms, match a top (and sweater or accessory) and hang in my closet.  I matched together 30+ prepared outfits, hung them neatly and, with things that didn't fit or didn't match anything, made a nice stack of yard sale/charity stuff. Now I know what I have, what I need and what I don't need.

 
 Seriously, ladies, I would encourage you to set aside an hour or two to do this. It saves so much time in the morning, gets rid of excess and allows you to pair together new outfit combinations you wouldn't normally think of. And, every week when I do the laundry, I pair together a few new outfits and add them into the mix. 



 And let not your adornment be merely external-- braiding the hair, and wearing gold jewelry, or putting on dresses; but let it be the hidden person of the heart, with the imperishable quality of a gentle and quiet spirit, which is precious in the sight of God. For in this way in former times the holy women also, who hoped in God, used to adorn themselves, being submissive to their own husbands.
1 Peter 3:3-5

No comments:

Post a Comment