Monday, December 12, 2011

Happiness...


Today I don't have any new stories to share. Nor will I gush about my relationship with my husband. You probably had enough of that in my overly detailed December 8th post.

Today I only want to wish you happiness in your relationships. Contentment and joy.

The happiness of praying together.

The happiness of laughing together.

The happiness of jumping in his arms; of holding her close.

The happiness of your first Christmas together.

The happiness of realizing how beautifully God wrote your love story.

The happiness of that moment when you look into each others eyes and realize all your dreams and plans have come true

The happiness of hidden moments. Normal moments. Caught off guard moments. Surprise moments. Boring moments. 

And the happiness of working through the times when you can't find the happiness. Because, even in the hardest of times, you make your own happiness.

So, no matter what you may be going through, if you have a significant other...I want you to go to them right now. Jump in their arms or crawl in their embrace. Or simply look into their eyes and tell them how much they mean to you. Blare your favorite song or cook their favorite meal. Take time to make your own happiness today - no matter what. 

 

(Disclaimer: True and complete happiness - contentment and joy - come from the Lord. Without knowing Him and being in love with Him, you won't find complete satisfaction. Your friends and significant other are amazing sources of encouragement and joy - but only God can completely fulfill you.)

"Not that I speak in respect of want: 
for I have learned, in whatsoever state I am, therewith to be content." 
Phil. 4:11

No comments:

Post a Comment