Friday, January 3, 2014

New Year's...Words and Numbers?

Happy New Year!
 (and new blog design - did you notice?)
Whoa. I can't believe that it's 2014 already!

Now, I'm not one for traditional resolutions. 
Lofty expectations like working out every day, losing 10 pounds, giving up sweet tea...

I like inspirations. Fun goals. Encouragement to live life to the full. 
But not promises to change. I don't like the pressure - and the reality that I'll likely fail. 

Many people are encouraging everyone to come up with a word to live by in 2014. 
A word that you'd like to define your year. 
For me, that word was easy. 

Abundant.

I want to live abundantly (John 10:10). 
Love abundantly. Laugh abundantly. Give abundantly. You get the point.

So, I made a few - realistic and attainable - goals to make 2014 abundant
and make the most of each moment.

write 25 blog posts
read remaining 20 Books of the OT
make 17 fun family memories
go on 14 double dates with friends
read 12 other new books
mail 11 snail mail letters or cards
enjoy 9 fun and unique dates with Derrick
have 8 girls nights/time with girl friends
do 7 random, unexpected blessings on others
host 6 parties, game nights, etc. at our home
make 5 surprise phone calls
go on 3 vacations—1 family, 1 Derrick, 1 friends
visit 1 new state  

What's your New Year's resolution, goal or word? Let me know below!

No comments:

Post a Comment