Tuesday, January 7, 2014

What I've Read...

As the new year approached, I began to think about what I read in 2013 and what I anticipate reading in 2014. Then, a few days later, my dear friend at Christian Wife Life asked for suggestions on what to add to her reading list in 2014. As a nerd who loves curling up with a good book, I was excited to reflect on what I've read and share what I want to read.

Today I'll suggest some books I've read and loved. 


I read mostly non-fiction...

 I read this one a long time ago, but if you're looking for a simple 5-10 minute daily devotion that still finds a way to dig deep - this would be it! I have a heart for the women of the bible, and this book covers them all.

This is an amazing book and great challenge for wives and future wives (yep, that's you)!

I got this for Christmas and read it in two days.
 I loved the way Priscilla broke down Ephesians 3:20-21 to inspire us to believe bigger.  

The title says it all.

 
I'm currently reading this one, and it's a challenge to believe God is who He says He is, He can do what He says He can do, you are who He says you are, you can do all things through Him, and God's word is alive and active in you. Believe it. Believe God. 

My first ever Kelly Minter study was this one -
taking a deeper looks at this beloved book of the Bible. 

I first studied Esther with Beth Moore in 2010, but this year - as I read through the Old Testament (which I encourage you to do, if you have known Jesus for a while but haven't read through the bible) - I was able to spend a few weeks reviewing this wonderful study. 

 Who knew Nehemiah was such a good book? Definitely not me!


Looking for fiction?
I'm a huge fan of Amish fiction. Weird? Maybe. Beverly Lewis is the best - and all of her books are a good read! 
 

And, of course, last but not least, there's the queen of Christian fiction - Karen Kingsbury. Sure, the Baxter family gets a little old after five series(es?) and apx. 25 books...but if you haven't read the original - the Redemption Series - it's definitely worth it. 



No comments:

Post a Comment