Wednesday, January 8, 2014

What I'm Reading...

Hopefully you read yesterday's post - What I've Read  -
 and you were inspired to go pick up a book. 

So, what's on my list for this year so far?

This one has been nestled on my book shelf, waiting to be read since last Christmas! It has been patiently collecting dust as I make my way through the OT - excited to have a short stay in Daniel.

Priscille Shirer is quickly becoming one of my favorites, so I'm looking forward to taking a journey through Jonah with her. 

 Like Nehemiah, Malachi is a book that I've never studied and don't really know much about...that's why I was excited to get this adorably covered book this Christmas! 
(Thanks to my mother-in-law for making sure I always have a well stocked shelf!)

  
Another Christmas present...from 2012! I've done the David, Jesus and Paul studies like this one, and I'll be happy to get to know John a little better.

 JD Greear is one of my favorite pastors.
Good job, husband, on getting me this read for Christmas!


Time for fiction...

   
Amazon listed Rachel Hauck as one of the top Christian fiction authors of 2013 - 
so why not give her a try.

And, while researching Rachel Hauck, I came across a book series that she had written with Sara Evans! That shocked me enough that I added it to the list. 

Whenever I mention loving the Lineage of Grace and Redeeming Love by Francine Rivers, friends tell me that I must read the Mark of the Lion series. While it seems a little more intense than my normal fiction choices, I'm excited to take their advice. 

Last, for now, is a new Amish author. 
No one has lived up to Beverly Lewis so far - but I'm willing to continue the search. 


What's your favorite book series? Favorite Jesus-book? 
Let me know below or as a facebook comment, so I can add it to my list!

1 comment: