Saturday, January 18, 2014

Out past my bedtime...

Sometimes I love to just marvel in how full my life is and praise God for all the positive He’s chosen to bless me with. Derrick and I have some really wonderful people in our lives – and I am ever thankful that God has surrounded us with folks who build us up in Him. 
This week was a great example of how crazy-good our life can get.
We didn’t make it home before 9 p.m. any night this week –
 which definitely makes me appreciate the weekend even more.

Monday night…
We went over to Derrick’s Mom’s house – our normal Monday night tradition. She had made a special effort to fix us a healthy meal – of grilled chicken, grilled fish and sautéed veggies. The meat was delicious; I just can’t get on board with squash, onions, peppers… Monday night is always game night, and Jessie and I dominated in four rounds of Uno.

Tuesday night…
On Tuesday night, we headed to Raleigh for our monthly date night with the Bauers. I always enjoy how easily our conversations bounce from middle school memories to work stressers, from Disney World to our favorite brands of pen,
 from Graeme’s arrival to girl’s night. 
This time we tried out The Pit in Downtown. It was Derrick and my first time there, and it was delicious. The chopped turkey with the vinegar bbq sauce
and hushpuppies was definitely my favorite.  


Wednesday night…
I rushed home after work and made some sugar-free, flour-free oatmeal cookies that had been on my mind all week, taking time finally prepare a healthy lunch for the next day. I mention this because, as much as I aspire to, I rarely have time to bake anything and be overly homey.
Our small group meets on Wednesdays – but we missed the one group that met since Christmas, on account of my 3-week sickness. So this week it was great to head to Garner to fellowship, worship and study James 1 with our church family.

Thursday night…
Johnson family night! We had one of my favorite meals – hamburgers and hotdogs. We decided to watch an action movie, and 45-minutes into it – in normal Renee-action-movie fashion – I was sound asleep. It was nice to see the family though and nice to have a little power nap.

Friday night…
Our pastor invited Derrick, some of his coworkers and the wifeys out dinner – and Derrick and I looked forward to it all week. It was great to dress up a little and go to a nice restaurant with new friends and church family. I had fun getting to know everyone
 and hearing the laughter fill the room.

Today...
Today has been a quietly busy one. Cleaning the house, doing all the laundry, making sure things are in order. Blogging :)
Our friends Jordan and Ashley are coming over tonight for Japanese take-out and board games. At the Bauer’s Christmas party, the four us discovered that we all have the same geeky love of intense board games, so Derrick and I knew we’d have to have them over for game night. I'm pretty excited!


 

No comments:

Post a Comment