Tuesday, December 25, 2012

Merry Christmas to all!

Merry Christmas! 

I am cozy on our mattress in the living room - left there from our Christmas Eve sleepover last night. Derrick's playing his new video game to my left, and I'm reflecting on and anticipating many things.

But I'm also reflecting on how awesome my God is. How awesome my family is. What this time of year is all about - and what Mary must have been pondering all those years ago. I'm reflecting on our time with family. The laughter. The conversation. The games. The food. The music. The traditions - old and new. The gifts. I'm reflecting on my blessings - and why God chose to give them to me.

And I'm anticipating... watching Brave. See, many weeks ago, I casually mentioned that the only movie I could imagine wanting for Christmas was Brave. I didn't think Derrick noticed. I hardly remembered myself. So tonight when I unwrapped the DVD and a Brave coloring book - I started crying and blabbering on about how sweet it was.

I'm anticipating tomorrow. I am ready to post-Christmas clean the house. Our spare bedroom has about 100 Amazon and Christmas boxes. Our Christmas presents need to find their home, the place where they can be used and enjoyed and appreciated. The kitchen needs to be cleaned. Our mattress needs to again rest on the box spring and be dressed in our new comforter set.

I'm anticipating this next week of rest and errands and cashing in gift cards and a day-date with my best pal (first time it's been just the 2 of us since my wedding day, i think) and time with my Mama and a rockin' Christmas party with my high school girlfriends.

I'm anticipating New Years and the new year. New Years Eve with the Greens - probably eating yummy food and bowling and spending time with God, praying for 2013! And a new year, for new goals, new beginnings, new memories, new adventures, new moments...

I hope you and your family had a very wonderful Christmas - and I hope you have a very happy New Year!

No comments:

Post a Comment