Monday, November 26, 2012

My Papa


He was a fisherman, my papa
In all senses of the word
He was quiet, strong, and true
The kind of man we all looked up to 
He always worked hard for everything that he had
To be a good friend, husband, brother, papa, and dad
When he had something on his mind he wanted it done then
And you didn’t dare argue with him
When I would tell him a story his eyes would get big
He’d shake his head and just give me a grin
I’ll never forget summers on the boat and fish fries
Watching judges on tv and listening to his advice
He was one of the greatest men I’ve ever known
He didn’t have to say a lot, his wisdom in silence rang strong
He had friends everywhere that he went
But I guess that’s how it is with a man like him
His community loved him because he was a great man
Known and honored all around town
I know he loved being surrounded by family and friends
He’d watch and listen, taking it all in
He had more friends than anyone else I know
And I only wish I could leave behind that kind of legacy when it’s my time to go
We all loved him but he’d tell us not to miss him
He’s in heaven now
And he’s finally fishin’

No comments:

Post a Comment