Sunday, November 18, 2012

I thank my God upon every remembrance of You!

I am thankful for Jesus Christ
Savior. Redeemer. Mediator. Friend. When I think of heaven,
 I think of a hug from Jesus - talk about peace beyond all understanding. 

I am thankful for my husband
Derrick Hudson Green makes me laugh, takes care of me when I'm too stubborn to take care of myself, keeps me on my toes, appreciates me and tells me so, and is my very best friend and partner in life.
On this side of heaven, his hugs are my favorite. 

I am thankful for my parents
I have the best parents. Seriously. My mom is one of my best friends, my role model and, alone with Derrick, she's my comfort person. My dad is my biggest fan and my hero. They're always there for me, and I know I can always count on them no matter what.   

I am thankful for my little brother
My brother is one of my favorite people in the world. I think he's hilarious. And he has a big part of my heart. I'm more related to him than any other person ever...and I'm good with that :)

I am thankful for my other parents and sister
God has blessed me with an awesome addition to my family. They're the family that understands Derrick like I do and loves him (almost) as much and for longer than I have. They all accepted me with open arms, and I am very blessed with a second family that loves me, looks out for me, and adds joy to my life.


I am thankful for my friends
Derrick and I are so blessed with an abundance of amazing, Christian friends! Whether it's the beautiful girl friends that I grew up with or our Alabama friends or our Sunday-night friends or our new church friends - I am completely aware that Derrick and I are more blessed than most to be surrounded by such great, fun, funny, Jesus-loving people.

I am thankful for my church family
Derrick and I are so blessed with our RC family! It is so great to have the freedom to worship and learn about our Lord. And to have people who have the same heart for God and who are there to encourage us and build us up (and real people we can just do life with in and outside of church). 

No comments:

Post a Comment