Wednesday, November 21, 2012

Thanks and giving!

I am so pumped for the rest of this week!  Time with family, the delicious food, the comfort of tradition, the gift buying!

Mom is hosting Thanksgiving for the family tomorrow. And I'm in charge of desserts. 
I've been feeling extra house-wifey and crafty lately. I made adorable meatloaf cupcakes for dinner Monday night and a trio of international shrimp dishes last night. I created cute wreaths for our doors (big deal - I'm normally NOT crafty). And I'm excited to be in charge of desserts for Thanksgiving! I'm most excited about the creation of my pecan maple cupcake with bacon crumbles on top. 

My Mama's birthday is tomorrow, and we will be celebrating!
My Mama always tells me that she's never had a birthday party (hint.hint.). Now my parents and my aunts say that she has...but I still wanted to make sure she has a birthday party to remember. So, in addition to the Thanksgiving festivities, we have birthday presents and birthday banners and birthday decorations to make her feel special this year.

Thankful for my second family and our celebrations together.
After Derrick and I have our first lunch with my amazing family, we will be heading to Raleigh to celebrate and be thankful for the wonderful Green family. I am blessed with my new family, and they're always fun to hang out with.

Beach bound to buy, buy, buy!
For 10 years now, my Mom and I have headed to the beach right after Thanksgiving celebrations are over. We make a game plan, discuss the stores we definitely need to hit (Walmart, Lifeway, Old Navy, Bath&Body Works, New York & Co., and Bass Pro), and then wake up at 7ish on Friday to begin our day. I love putting in that first Christmas CD and hearing SheDaisy sing Deck the Halls. I love picking out gifts for everyone. I love keeping up with what I've gotten, how much I've saved, and what I have left. I love eating amazing food at our favorite restaurants. I love getting back to the room, laying out everything we've bought, and putting on a good movie while we wrap. It's probably consistently my favorite annual tradition. 

Christmas season means Christmas music and new traditions!
When I get back from the beach trip, Derrick and I will get to continue a tradition I prompted us to start last year. We'll pop in Elf, make some hot chocolate, and decorate our Christmas tree! Post-Thanksgiving also means that I can finally listen to Christmas music at work. (I'm a firm believer in no Christmas until after Thanksgiving).


"O come, let us sing unto the LORD: let us make a joyful noise to the rock of our salvation. 
Let us come before his presence with thanksgiving, and make a joyful noise unto him with psalms. 
For the LORD is a great God, and a great King above all gods. In his hand are the deep places of the earth: 
the strength of the hills is his also. The sea is his, and he made it: and his hands formed the dry land. 
O come, let us worship and bow down: let us kneel before the LORD our maker." 
Psalm 95:1-6

What are your favorite Thanksgiving traditions? 

No comments:

Post a Comment