Wednesday, October 10, 2012

What's news?

I have missed my Marriage Monday, What's up Wednesday, and Thank GOD it's Friday blogs these past few weeks, so I thought I would take a few minutes to share a few observations with you.

The past two nights Derrick and I have actually stayed up to watch the first 15 minutes of the 11 p.m. news on Channel 17/NBC (because it came on after Revolution and Parenthood).

I never watch the news. I like to live in a bubble. But I've found that the recent local news is a bit Shakespearean - both comical and tragic. Here are my thoughts...

1. Since when is Pam Saulsby on Channel 17 !? Oh, Pam, what happened?

 2. A lot of junk happens in Durham.

3. A man was found dead at the bottom of a river with cinder blocks and chains...but no foul play is suspected. Ummm...?

4. One certain candidate is ahead with "people who are expected to vote", so the other candidate is pushing to get everyone else registered...Personally, I think it's the people who care enough and are responsible enough to register themselves, be involved, and go vote that should be choosing the president - not the random other people who don't care enough to vote except when someone else does all the work for them (including telling them who to vote for).

5. Homeless people vote. That's something I've never really thought about before.

6. Channel 17 news is not very good.

                     ...oh, Pam, what happened?

No comments:

Post a Comment