Friday, October 12, 2012

Thank God...for His Word!

I love the Bible.

I love that it's a beautiful, poetic, straight-forward, at times hard to understand, easy to apply, historical, spiritual window into Christian history, God, and Jesus Christ.

I love meeting new people in the Bible. Seeing their Christian walk. Understanding their struggle. Sharing their passion. Learning their heart. Witnessing how God used them.

I love delving into a new book in the Bible. Learning the culture and context. Getting to know the heart of the author and his perspective. Seeing God in new ways. Growing closer to the heart and purpose and will of Jesus. 

I love the different styles of the books of the Bible. Stories. Encouragement. Poetry. History. Pleading. Presenting. Straight-forward. Lyrical. All sharing in one purpose.

I love the women of the Bible. Their story. Their struggle. Their insecurities. Their mission. Their purpose. Their triumph.

I love Peter, and his sometimes-misguided passion. I love that he actually got out of the boat. 

I love Paul, his transformation, his perseverance, his determination, his joy, and the letters he shared with us.

 I love that one day I'll get to meet all of these people in heaven (I still can't really wrap my mind around that one).

Most of all, I love seeing the heart of God through His Son Jesus Christ. And walking beside Jesus on His journey to save me.

I love being encouraged and challenged. I love the wow moments. The in-awe moments. The humbling moments.  The get up and do something moments. The bow at the foot of the cross moments.

If you haven't taken time lately to really dive into the Bible and study it hard core...I would encourage you to set aside 15-30 minutes this weekend to hang out with Jesus through His letter to you.

No comments:

Post a Comment