Sunday, April 1, 2012

Things you didn't know about me...

I don't remember the first time I really watched Dawson's Creek.  But I'm watching it again for the umpteenth time...and I still get butterflies and cuddle-with-your-pillow-eating-chocolate-icecream feelings when I watch Pacey and Joey fall in love. I feel like I'm 15 again. Home sick from school, bawling with the roll of toilet paper as I watch the finale. If you've seen it - you know what I mean. 

I still sleep with my childhood blanket and Junior, my quillow from 8th grade. 

I eat cereal at night. I don't like cereal for breakfast. 

I make to do lists. All the time. Lots of them. Sometimes I put things I've already done on the list so I can mark them off. Sometimes I put "To do list" on my to do list...Wait - you probably already knew that about me.

I didn't know how to mail merge until last week. I'm not exactly gifted at administrative duties.

I have a phobia of pool walls. And shower walls. And hot tub walls. Just thinking about it right now is making me feel icky.

I'm pretty excited about (hopefully) seeing Titanic in 3-D

I have a weakness for fast food. It's a problem. Zaxby's tea. McDonald's frappes. Fast food fries. Cookout burgers. Addicted.

I think action movies are terribly, dreadfully boring. My husband still can't believe I fell asleep during Taken.

I think music is better when the guy and girl don't end up together. I like sad, sweet story-songs.  

I like doing housework. I've spent many a Friday night doing laundry...and I'm okay with that :)

I love British accents. Love 'em. And I love to talk with one every once in a while.

The smell of my laundry detergent reminds me of some positive memory of New York City senior year. I can't put my finger on it - but I like that it takes me back to that time and place.

I'm always reading more than one devotion book at a time. One just doesn't seem like enough...there's so much out there to learn about faith and God and the bible and marriage and ministry. 

Early 1990's country was so much better than today's. It's my dream to go back to 1992ish and see Reba McEntire in concert. I would cry. 

I hate spending money. And will tell anyone that people who spend hundreds of dollars on purses and shoes...are crazy.

I love reading Amish books. Beverly Lewis is my favorite.

I've been married six months today. It has been amazing! Our wedding is a wonderful memory - but I hope that it isn't the best day of my life. The days are constantly blessing me, surprising me, and leaving happy memories :) Welcome to being married to your best friend!

1 comment:

  1. Those are all sweet. :) I believe I fell asleep during Taken as well.... I was just too tired. :) Hanging out at home and just doing normal life things is very comforting for me, too. I also hate spending money, so I hear ya on that one. :) Happy sixth month anniversary a few days later... Love you!

    ReplyDelete