Monday, April 9, 2012

Busy. But Blessed!

I'm sitting here trying to unwind after a wonderful Inspire! Art event this afternoon. I need a minute to breath. Tonight is the Switchfoot concert with our friends the Bakers :) Tomorrow morning I'm a co-captain for service learning and field day activities at our Accepted Student Day and then planning and hosting our Undecided Student Pathway. Then baby shower and church...ahh...Sunday afternoon has got laundry and the couch written all over it.

I love it. And I try never to forget how blessed I am. With my job. My friends. My family. My husband. My church. But life is far busier than I could have imagined. Busy but blessed.

Looking ahead it seems overwhelmingly busy. Looking back it seems like an awesome accomplishment, making memories. It's awesome to be busy but blessed. Living every moment. And, looking back, I realize that Derrick and I have been extremely busy-blessed this past month. God has blessed us with such amazing family and friends. A great church. Great jobs that we're passionate about. And many opportunities. This is what it's all about...life more abundant!


So what have we been up to?

Beach trip with the Greens - That seems so long ago. March 9-11 we got to spend the weekend with Dad, Sister, and Wesley at Myrtle Beach. It was a relaxing time - lots of food. We went to the boardwalk, played in an arcade (my husband rocked Deal or No Deal!) and spent an evening at the Pirate Voyage. 


Visitation Days and pathways - March 17 and March 31 I had Visitation Day at Campbell. I always enjoy these opportunities to share my passion and our programs with future students. It's both energizing and exhausting. After our March 17 Visitation Day, we had a special event just for our Exercise Science prospects...that was a lot of fun, and I learned a lot too :) 

Science Conference - March 23-24 I was at Campbell for the North Carolina Academy of Science conference. Yes, I get myself into some random stuff. The preparation for this conference ending up being a lot more than I had bargained for but everything went smoothly. It was an awesome opportunity to meet new people, learn new things, and be used to encourage others.

Derrick's Birthday - I am always busy in March. I started my job at Campbell on March 24 two years ago. We always have a lot of CU events in March. And I feel like my poor husband gets slighted on his birthday. Hopefully he doesn't feel that way. This year he was showered with birthday cards from so many loving friends and family (thank you), we enjoyed a birthday lunch with our families, had Cookout with the Bakers, and then went out to eat with his Dad and sister the next week.

Derrick's Videos - My amazingly talented husband was very busy with videos in March. Dance Recital. Church videos. Work videos. And probably other videos that I don't remember.

Relationship Church - We've been really getting plugged in to our new church this month! Our small group is on Wednesday nights. And we've been blessed to get together with friends from church and have our pastor over to our home. Plus, I'm helping with the "First Impressions" ministry on Sunday mornings - so I've gotten to meet a lot of new people and really get involved.

Friends and Family - Thursday nights are Survivor night. Monday/Tuesday nights are nights for Derrick's family. I got to flashback to high school and watch OTH finale with my mom, plus we went shopping, took Easter pictures of my baby cousin, and we all got together for my Mema's birthday. Derrick and I have reserved Sunday nights for the awesome Bakers.

Easter! - This year I decided to start a tradition and invite both of our families over to our house for Easter. I cheated and we had bojangles for lunch (I'm thinking that's a good tradition), and then I sent everyone on a scavenger hunt to find hidden eggs around the house. We concluded the celebration with a game of Catch Phrase.


Life more abundant!

No comments:

Post a Comment