Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Life's Pause Button

 Sometimes - for only a moment - I like to pause life. Look around. Hear it. Smell it. See it. And realize how many God-things and answered prayers and dreams-come-true got me to this point. Realize how blessed I am. Enjoy the moment. Really find bliss in the blessings.

It doesn't seem like that long ago that I was a 13-year-old girl praying for and dreaming about her future husband - having no idea who he was or how I would meet him or what our story would hold. 

It seems like only a little while ago that I was a senior in high school, listening to "My Wish" by Rascal Flatts, driving home, tears falling down my cheeks because I was terrified of the unknown that lay ahead at college.

And has it really been over two years since I graduated from college unsure of what my career goals were and crying because I didn't want to leave my friends, my professors, my school-home behind? 

Then there were all those days that I would stare at my left hand - wishing for one...really two...rings. Wondering if and when Derrick Green would ask me to be his wife. 

A year ago I was planning a wedding (or frustrating my mom by not wanting to plan a wedding). Stressed about trying to find a home. Researching honeymoon locations and cupcake flavors. Planning a 125th ball at work. Counting down the days. 

And now here we are. Married. Settled. Blessed. He makes me laugh and works in his office and plays with my hair and holds me close. I make our lunches and do the laundry and scratch his back and write him random love notes all the time. We are crazy together and cuddly together and boring together and busy together. We're best friends. 

And it's not just being blessed in marriage - there's so much more than that. There's the comfort of home. The blessing of getting to experience traditions and laugh and make new memories with our families. Getting to eat and fellowship and watch movies and go on adventures with friends . Worshiping our amazing Savior with our great church family. Having a job - more than that a job that we enjoy, where we're challenged to grow.
I realize that God has been beyond good to me. I have been given much, and I hope that I never quit trying to use my blessings to bless and encourage others. 

No matter what your story is or what you're going through - everyone has their own blessings to be thankful for and to find contentment in. There's a reason God has you where you are. For such a time as this (Esther 4:14).

I guess I just never want to forget - in the chaos and in the calm - to appreciate where I am, where I've come from, and where I'm going. To see God's amazing hand in it all. And to really enjoy each moment.

Sometimes you've got to hit life's pause button to find bliss in the blessings.  To be that 13-year-old dreamer again. To see order in the chaos. To remember the good in the God-things. To see your purpose for such a time as this.

Now to Him who is able to do immeasurably more than all we ask or imagine, according to his power that is at work within us, to him be glory in the church and in Christ Jesus throughout all generations, for ever and ever! Amen. 
Ephesians 3:20,12

1 comment:

  1. I love to read your post! The way that you right and the topics you write about are so touching and so heart felt, you are wonderful!

    ReplyDelete