Saturday, January 14, 2012

Tim Tebow

Tim Tebow. Even if you don't know anything about him, you've heard the name a lot recently. (Specifically tonight on facebook)

I don't watch football. I really have no interest in it. They stop and start and stop and start too much for my attention span. But my curiosity has gotten the best of me recently...and I had to research Tim Tebow.

I'm impressed. 

How awesome that there's someone in the spotlight who is unashamed to stand up for his faith in Jesus! Who doesn't shy away from the negative remarks made about him...from those who doubt him.

Tonight - on youtube - I saw about 30 seconds of Saturday Night Live making fun of Tim Tebow...and of Jesus. I couldn't finish watching it. I wouldn't. 

I understand that the world is going to persecute Christians. But it still hurts my heart so much to see it. To see people making fun of my Jesus. My Savior. My Redeemer. My Friend. And to see those who are willing to stand up for Him being persecuted for Him. It all makes me angry. And sad.

It also saddens me to realize that those people laughing about Tim Tebow and Jesus - those people making money making fun - they don't know my Jesus...and they won't spend an eternity with Him unless they come to know Him. Even more reason for us to reach out to the unsaved world.

So right now I'm blogging out of emotion. Anger. Sadness. Urgency.

You can speak out about gay rights.
You can speak out about Kabbalah and Scientology.
Multiple divorces are becoming normal.
And people tune in to see teen pregnancy.  

...we're not supposed to say anything negative about that.

But the world won't listen to the truth. And they make fun of my God. So I'm proud of Tim Tebow. I'm proud of all Christians who stand up for their faith. 

For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.
John 3:16

2 comments:

  1. I agree, Renee. I saw the same video on the SNL skit and it sickened me. I pray for Tim Tebow to continue on this path the Lord has chosen for him and not bow down with all the negativity he receives from others making fun of him. One day, those people who have made fun, if they do not change their hearts and turn to the Lord, they WILL bow down to Him and call Him "King of Kings and Lord of Lords!"

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this post! And totally agree!

    -Crissy
    crissyberry.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete