Monday, January 9, 2012

What can I do to be better today?

I think that an important part of marriage - and life - is to wake up each day and ask yourself "What can I do to be better today?" What can I do to be a better wife? To show my love? To appreciate him? What can I do to be better at work? To reach out to more people? To be a better daughter? Friend? What can I do to touch someone today?

I challenge all of us to not settle...Not to settle in our marriage. In our jobs. With our friends. With our family. In our Christian walk. But to always be looking for little ways to be a little more. To do a little more. To encourage someone a little more.

 

Send a text of encouragement

Write an email to someone you haven't talked to in a while...and tell them what you miss about them. 

Call someone and actually have a conversation.

Put an expo marker in the bathroom...and write your husband/children/wife notes of encouragement. 

Put a note in your husband's lunch. Just to say thanks for working so hard.

Talk to someone you normally just walk past.

Have dinner with an old friend. Or a new friend.

Visit your grandma. 

Send someone a link to "your song". The one that always made you laugh. Or cry. The one that takes you back. 

Send a letter in the mail. Or just a card to tell someone you're thinking of them.

Smile at those you walk by.

Say nice things when you think of them. Don't let a compliment go unsaid. 

Share God's love and plan of salvation with someone (I'm still working on this one myself).

Wear your husband's favorite outfit, watch his favorite movie, or actually play video games with him (again, I don't do this as much as I should).

When a person crosses your mind take a minute to say hello.

Pray for someone. Really pray for them. 

Dance with your husband in the kitchen.

Send him an encouraging - and sexy - text message. 

Think of personal - and creative - new ways to share your love with your husband (or anyone).

Buy someone something...just because. (Something inexpensive but personal). 

These are just a few ideas of simple ways to be an encouragement. Pick one or two to do this week - it will encourage you just as much as it does the other person.  


 

No comments:

Post a Comment