Thursday, January 5, 2012

Once upon a time...again and again.

Is there such thing as reading too many books at one time? 

Or having too many devotions?

I am currently in the middle of a year devotion about the Women of the Bible. I love it. And each entry is pretty short - so I learn a little more each day about these women. Some well-known. Some I've never heard of before.

I just started my 90 day study of David. We're currently learning about Hannah and Samuel - which is great...but I'm ready to get to the heart of David!

I'm also - as my hobby - reading more Beverly Lewis. Francis Rivers is next.

And I have an amazon gift card. So I'm thinking of getting Having a Mary Heart in a Martha World and/or 52 Ways to Wow Your Husband.

I just want to read it all. Get to know the characters. Get lost in the stories. There are so many great books out there...I can't stick with just one.


There's a reason this is my favorite scene in this movie.


I love the library scenes in this movie. And how she reads to the sheep! 
And, yes, there are many books that I've read more than twice.

Oh, and one more thing while we're on the subject...GO TO THE LIBRARY. Books there are FREE. Crazy, right? People laugh, because I still make frequent trips to the library. Don't knock it. I love it. The thrill of discovering new books. And, oh yeah, It saves me lots of money.


I had to add this video for my husband. And because it makes me laugh. 


Add some more to my list. 
What is your favorite book? Devotion? Marriage book? Fiction? 
What do I need to add to the list next?

No comments:

Post a Comment