Friday, April 15, 2011

New Favorite Songs

There are some new songs that I really love. And I must preface this by saying that country music is in my blood. I don't hear it, I feel it. It's a part of who I am. I do like most types of music - but nothing compares to country, and so many country songs from the past 20+ years equal memories to me, equal growing up.

I have included below some new songs that I really like and some other songs that I get excited to hear.

This is Country Music - Brad Paisley. Need I say more? I don't think Brad has the best vocals in the world, but he chooses some good songs. And this one says everything I feel about country music. 

 "...You’re not supposed to say the word “cancer” in a song.
And tellin’ folks Jesus is the answer can rub ‘em wrong.
It ain’t hip to sing about tractors, trucks, little towns, and mama, yeah that might be true.
But this is country music and we do..."



Old Alabama - Brad Paisley. My Dad loves the country group Alabama. They are his favorite group, so I grew up listening to them. I have positive feelings and many memories associated with this classic group, so a song about falling in love to Alabama songs hits home for me :)

"...And Barry White ain’t gonna work tonight, if you really wanna turn her on;
Play some back home come on music that comes from the heart,
Play something with lots of feeling, ‘cause that’s where music has to start…
Now we’re listenin' to Old Alabama, and we’re drivin' through Tennessee,
A little Dixieland Delight and It Feels So Right and its Love in the First Degree..."



Honey Bee - Blake Shelton. Call me country (and in musical taste I'm country to the core) but this song is very sweet to me. Plus, from an English nerd point of view, this song is a lyrical poem of comparisons and analogies.
Any song that has the line "You be my little Loretta, I'll be your Conway Twitty" is a winner to me, and I'd never turn down a guy who wanted to be "my sweet iced tea"!

If you’ll be my soft and sweet, I’ll be your strong and steady
You be my glass of wine, I’ll be your shot of whiskey
You be my sunny day, I’ll be your shade tree
You be my honeysuckle, I’ll be your honey bee

If you’ll be my Louisiana, I’ll be your Mississippi
You be my little Loretta, I’ll be your Conway Twitty
You be my sugar baby, I’ll be your sweet iced tea
You be my honeysuckle, I’ll be your honey bee


Mean- Taylor Swift. I am not a Taylor Swift fan. I think she's very talented and a good entertainer, but a little awkward with weak vocals. Her latest song, though, is so catchy! I can't help but sing along.

"...Washed up and ranting about the same old bitter things
Drunk and grumbling on about how I can't sing
But all you are is mean
All you are is mean and a liar and pathetic and alone in life
And mean, and mean, and mean, and mean..."


Some old favorites for you non-country fans.

Livin' On a Prayer - Who doesn't love Bon Jovi?
Don't Stop Believin' - Turn it up, roll the windows down, and attempt to belt the right words!
Keep on Lovin' You  - One of the best.
Two out of Three Ain't Bad - I will admit that I like Meat Loaf (not the food) and reference him often.

I'll probably post on music again. But for today here are some songs to make your weekend a little better :) 

"Music is what feelings sound like."

No comments:

Post a Comment