Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Chicken, Green Beans, and Potatoes

Derrick's family thinks that I am picky. And, in some ways, I am. I don't like tomatoes, onions, or peppers. I'm not a big pasta eater. I don't really like red sauce. I don't like shredded chicken... But, other than that, I don't think I'm very picky.


Of course, my staple meal is pretty much some kind of chicken (although my dads grilled ribs are my favorite meat), some kind of potatoes, and green beans.


Whenever I get the opportunity to cook, which I love, I go to Allrecipes.com - and I search through dozens of different dishes that inspire me. On Monday I found a few new recipes, and I cooked a meal for Derrick and I. It was fun, and thankfully it went off without a hitch.


Recipes below (I do not believe in strictly following the recipe. I am all about altering it to your taste. ):


 Mustard Chicken
If you like mustard, this is a great, very simple recipe. Delicious.



Ingredients
  • 4 skinless, boneless chicken breasts
  • 1 cup prepared mustard
  • 1 (6 ounce) can French-fried onions

Directions

  1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
  2. Place mustard in a shallow dish or bowl; place onions in a second shallow dish or bowl. Dredge chicken in mustard to coat both sides, then dredge in onions. Place coated chicken in a lightly greased 9x13 inch baking dish.
  3. Bake at 375 degrees F (190 degrees C) for 50 to 60 minutes or until chicken is cooked through and juices run clear.


Roasted Potatoes


2 lbs. potatoes, washed and cut into 1 inch cubes
1 tablespoon basil
1 tablespoon thyme
1/2 cup olive oil
1 cup Parmesan cheese
2 teaspoons seasoned salt
pepper to taste



Preheat oven to 425°F. Place potatoes in a casserole dish and drizzle with olive oil. Add spices to coat potatoes. Stir potatoes around.
Place half of the Parmesan cheese on the potatoes and place in the oven for 30 minutes.
Check potatoes, stir (add more olive oil if the potatoes are getting dry) and add remaining Parmesan cheese. Return to oven for 30 minutes or until they are roasted to the desired color and texture.
Let stand for 3 minutes and serve warm.

Green beans with Pecans



3 tablespoons I CAN'T BELIEVE IT'S NOT BUTTER!® Spread, melted
1 teaspoon sugar
1/4 teaspoon LAWRY'S® Garlic Powder with Parsley
  Pinch ground red pepper
  Salt to taste
1/3 cup chopped pecans
1 pound green beans
   
In small bowl, blend I Can't Believe It's Not Butter!® Spread, sugar, garlic powder, pepper and salt.
In 12-inch nonstick skillet, heat 2 teaspoons garlic mixture over medium-high heat and cook pecans, stirring frequently, 2 minutes or until pecans are golden. Remove pecans and set aside.
In same skillet, heat remaining garlic mixture and stir in green beans. Cook, covered, over medium heat, stirring occasionally, 6 minutes or until green beans are tender. Stir in pecans.

No comments:

Post a Comment