Monday, March 14, 2011

Passion and Priorities

It is my job to tell people about Campbell, and I love it. I meet with new people all of the time - and I share with them my passion about Campbell. Our great programs, our even better professors. The great atmosphere here - that feels like home. I truly believe that Campbell is a great place to be, and I love that I can make a living sharing that with people.
I am constantly thinking of ways I can get people more excited about coming to Campbell. What can I do today to share Campbell with someone? What can I do today to make another student excited about coming? How can I share my passion with them?

I am convicted. Shouldn't I be just as passionate and even more so to tell people about Christ? Shouldn't I make it my mission to tell them about His sacrifice for us? About the amazing joy that He offers to those who build a relationship with Him? Shouldn't I desire to share my passion for Who He is. No matter what is going on in my life - I have a constant peace and joy in knowing that God has a plan for me and He is in control - and I want other people to experience that.
I should constantly be thinking of ways I can make people more excited about Jesus Christ and God's plan for their lives. What can I do today to share Christ with someone? What can I do to make another person excited about getting to know our Lord and being a part of His Kingdom? Shouldn't I be more passionate about that.

And I am convinced that nothing can ever separate us from God’s love. Neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons, neither our fears for today nor our worries about tomorrow—not even the powers of hell can separate us from God’s love. No power in the sky above or in the earth below—indeed, nothing in all creation will ever be able to separate us from the love of God that is revealed in Christ Jesus our Lord.
Romans 8:38-39

2 comments:

  1. I have thought these same thoughts many times. The Lord has showed me time and again that while it is fine to be excited about something He has given us the talent to do, we are always an example and giving a perception of Christ to others whether we think we are or not. He has also showed me that He gives me opportunities to share Him with others in my every day life and I need to be ready. If it is only letting someone know I am trusting in the Lord to help me with something, then I have succeeded in opening a door. I continuing to learn to let the Lord guide my steps. You never know how the Lord will continue to do that for you, too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Without even knowing it, your spread the word and the joys of the Lord ALL the time, Renee. Whether it is a little comment here or there in the middle of a conversation, something about God is always brought up. You are an inspiration and a testimony for the Lord every day without having a conscious thought of it :)

    ReplyDelete