Thursday, January 20, 2011

1: Thursdays

I have been watching Rhett and Link's "Good morning Chia Lincoln" series - in which they vlog every day . I journal every day and do a devotion every day - why not try to blog a little every day. I can't promise it will always be interesting though...but I'll try to capture the feeling of the blog in the title. Then you can choose whether or not you want to read.


I love Thursdays. This morning when I woke up I didn't love Thursdays so much. I wanted to stay in bed, ignore the day. I started Gilmore Girls (I watch them before I go to sleep at night and while I get ready every morning), turned on the straightener, and did my makeup in bed. Still not ready to start the day, but those Gilmore girls always help. This morning it was GG's baby shower and devil egging Jess' car. I was always a Jess fan. I found Dean boring. I think that Logan solved the Jess vs. Dean conflict. Logan was wonderful, Ace.

I finally left the house at 7:50, later than usual. My mother was wondering what was wrong with me. I decided to stop at McDonalds, although I tried to convince myself not to. It was a good thing I did. My dad was in the drive-thru! I called him, we talked, and he let me in front of him in line. I love my Daddy. I decided to buy his breakfast (I'm still sitting here hoping that that worked out). That made my morning much brighter. And, as silly as it may sound to some of you, I am very thankful that God put that little encounter into my morning. He knew I needed a pick-me-up. If you keep your eyes open, you'll see God's little blessings throughout the day. How can you not be joyful if you take time to notice all the God-things? 

After that, I called Derrick. I always call him on my way to work, to make sure he's awake. He's always half-awake, and we talk in very short phrases and childish tones. "Good morning, handsome." "Mmm...Morning." "I just wanted to call and make sure you were up." "Mmmm...hmmm...I'm sleepy." "You sound comfortable. I wish I was still in bed." "I am comfortable." That's pretty much it before 9 a.m. for Derrick.

At work, I make my to do list and turn on the radio. Answer emails (our ITS program is becoming very popular with transfer students). Prepare information for my visiting student. Coordinate a few other visits. Work on an invitation for our Biology Service Learning pathway. Email my Biology faculty about the pathway.

Then I am blessed with a message from one of my dearest friends who I don't get to talk to very much. She and I are very similar, and I love how well we can relate to each other. What a blessing it is to have people who understand you and who know that you understand them as well!

I love Thursdays. I always have. Every since middle school, when Survivor night began at the Johnson household. Thursdays are beautiful. You still have a day to finish your work projects. The week is more than halfway over, but the anticipation of the weekend is still there. Big Bang Theory is on Thursdays. Family night is on Thursdays. Survivor night is still on Thursdays. Friends used to come on Thursday. Thursday whispers the weekend. And I think that God knows I love Thursdays - so He blesses me even more.


4 comments:

  1. I am so happy you love Big Bang Theory--ME too! :) And you know how I feel about Dean. :) I'm going to try to be more faithful about blogging too.

    PS. You rock. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is quite fun to post every day. :) It was definitely hard for me to get out of that bed at 5:00 this morning... er, uh, 5:10. :) Hope the rest of your day was special just like your breakfast was. What a treat!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thumbs up for the ITS program being popular and BBT being on Thursday nights! The rest of it's pretty good too... ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have a hard time keeping up with reading it! I can imagine how hard it is to keep up writing it!!! Also, I like being the friend that sent you a message that made you happy! I guess I can't know that for sure, but I coincidentally sent you a message that morning! :)

    ReplyDelete