Monday, July 29, 2013

My Guilty Pleasure

Normally on Monday night we're at my mother-in-law's, and I have to catch up on my TV watching on Tuesday night. But tonight Derrick had to work late, so I'm snuggled on the couch...

Watching the Bachelorette. 

I watch every time. I love it. And I hate it. I think it's ridiculous but, like a train wreck, can't help but watch.

So, here are my thoughts during a typical Bachelor night...

Seriously, does anyone think this actually works?

What do they do in the fantasy suite? And do they do it with all three finalists? Gross.

This is not the real world, people. Why don't they ever have a date to Taco Bell...or Subway...yum, Bojangles...?

Break to fix a grilled cheese. 

Desiree is kind of boring. Is that just me? 

Are sunglasses not allowed on this show? 

Making out on the beach may look romantic on camera but would NOT actually be fun.  

WHAT is that high-pitched shrill in the background? Not okay.

Do they seriously expect him to know - after 6 weeks - that she's the one he wants to spend forever with...Seriously?

I just don't see her with any of these guys. They're definitely no JP and Ashley. 

Did I actually just say "they're definitely no JP and Ashley". Oh my word. 

Is it Chris Harrison's goal to make everything seem like the end of the world? It's okay, people, there is life after the Bachelorette. It's called "The Bachelor" or "Bachelor Pad". Chill.

If I were one of the other guys and saw how much she thought she loved Brooks, I'd be done. No need to waste my time wanting someone who wants someone else. 

Brooks will probably realize later that it wasn't just Desiree that he isn't into...it's girls in general.

Why is it okay for Des to break all of their hearts but it's the WORST THING EVER for one of them to actually be real and honest and break up with her? <That's real life. Deal with it. 

I'm not a critical person. This must be how I get it all out. 

Dear Desiree, this is not a "poor me" moment. You've had a free 6 week vacation with 20 good-looking guys. Reality check. 

Awkward 10 minutes of watching her cry. And now him cry. These guys cry more in one night than Derrick has in 4 years. 

Commercial break. 

Awkward 10 minutes of watching her cry. And now him cry. These guys cry more in one night than Derrick has in 4 years. 

I just realized I wasted 30 minutes of my life. Thank you, reality tv. 

Next week is going to be more crying and awkwardness and crying, isn't it? 

2 comments:

  1. LOL!! I'm glad I'm not the only one who thinks Brooks is going to "switch teams".

    ReplyDelete
  2. HAHAHAHA I had ALL OF THESE THOUGHTS. I started writing a blog post during the fifteen minutes of crying hahaha... I LOVE THIS

    ReplyDelete