Monday, July 15, 2013

Fall's not that far...

Two weeks ago, I looked at my schedule and saw free days and clear skies after Orientation weekend (July 12-13). I was excited about the possibilities.

Today I looked at my calendar...and saw fall.
It's crazy how quickly the calendar becomes full these days.

Of course, many of my coworkers choose these next two weeks to vacation. And many of my friends have been vacationing all summer - traveling to exciting locations, family vacations, camps, etc. And, while I'm inwardly struggling with the desire to get away,
Derrick and I do have a calendar full of exciting things ahead... 

We are officially done with Campbell Orientation, 
my middle-of-summer marker. I love having the opportunity to hang out with and get to know our future students. They're so eager and excited, their future right around the corner.

July 19-21
This weekend we get to go see Wreck It Ralph
 at Koko Booth Ampitheatre with our awesome church small group on Friday night. (Yep, I love Ralph). 
On Saturday we have a birthday party for an adorable two year old. Then we're planning to hang out with Derrick's dad and sister :) And on Sunday we'll be watching the little ones at church!

The 24th is the sister's birthday! 
I'm sure there will be a lot of good food that I am happy to help eat.

July 26-28
This weekend is double exciting because some of our best friends from Alabama (Joel - Derrick's best man - and his beautiful wife Ashley) will be up! We always do late night dessert with them when they're here. 
AND Jessi (one of my bridesmaids and best friends since high school) and Evan will be in town from Ohio! I love weekends full of catching up with dear friends.

August 2-4
(whoa, August already?)
We'll be checking out our first First Friday in Raleigh with our small group from church, and then Derrick and I are headed to Charlotte. I'm excited to see one of my other dear friends Carrie portray Jo in Little Women, and then Derrick and I are going to enjoy the city...

Then my birthday and the students coming back will be right around the corner....

Then September and Visitation Days and cookouts and my family's long awaited mountain trip and my dad's birthday...

Wasn't it just Memorial Day? 


No comments:

Post a Comment