Saturday, July 27, 2013

Friends

Derrick and I are blessed with some incredible friends, and there are seasons in life where we get to catch up with them and spend time reconnecting. Recently has been one of those seasons...

Last Friday night, we had our first small group outing - going to see Wreck It Ralph with our whole group. It was a great time to catch up with each other outside of our bible study and worship time. Our Hope small group is amazing, and we've quickly clicked and became a family.

Tuesday I got to have my weekly (or more recently every other week) lunch with Bethany. Bethany is my third cousin, but she's been one of my very best friends since 6th grade. She's beating cancer and growing stronger. 

Tuesday night Derrick and I met up with my best pal Whitney (best pals since 4th grade) and her hubby Aaron. They live an hour away, so we try to meet up in Raleigh for dinner once a month. We love catching up and laughing as they recall summer stories and share their passion for ministry and marriage. 

This weekend Jessi & Evan are in town! 
Jessi has been in my life since elementary school, but she's been one of my best friends since high school. We were in each others weddings, even though she and her hubby live in Ohio (soon to be Massachusetts!). I hope one day they'll move south again!

Tuesday night I get to fix dinner for a couple at our old church who just had their first child. Zach and Diana have an amazing energy about life and love for the Lord. I'm excited to love on them and see baby Laurel! 


Thursday night Derrick and I have our first babysitting gig (don't tell the parents its our first one ;). We're hanging out with the cutest three kids ever. Our small group leaders and friends - Jason and Diana - are amazing parents and have created some pretty awesome little ones. I'm excited to spend time with them. 

And next Saturday Derrick and I are roadtripping to Charlotte to see my friend Carrie - who I've known since 2nd grade - rock it as Jo in Little Women. She's always been a wonderful actress and director, so I'm excited to see her in action. Our friends John and Jessica will be going too - so we'll get to catch up with them and make some new memories! 


God has truly blessed us with some amazing friends, and it's nice to have time to celebrate that. 

No comments:

Post a Comment