Wednesday, June 19, 2013

What's going on, what's coming up

Since my last post was a little heavy - on modesty and summer fashion - I thought I would do something a little lighter. Just catch everyone up on what's going on and what's coming up in my life and on my blog. 

Derrick and my schedule is, once again, overflowing with friends, family, church and work. We are incredibly blessed with abundant lives full of people who love us and who build us up. 

Last week, we had our normal family nights, small group fellowship and Friday-night home cleaning. On Saturday, Derrick worked all day, and I spent the morning shopping with a friend and then celebrating new life with some new and old friends at a baby shower. The shower was for Heather - who I just met a few months ago when we were in Jessica's wedding together - but I think we will forever be connected. And, I have to say, my dear friend Jessica has some aaaaamazing crafty decorating skills. 


Sunday was a day of hanging out with our Father and our dads. Morning worship time, lunch and a lazy afternoon with Mr. Billy, Sunday @ 5 service at church and dinner and a movie with my Dad. God has truly blessed us with our dads, and it was fun to get to hang out with them and love on them. 

Last night I had the opportunity to go out with my girl friends, while Derrick edited and hung out with one of his friends. It's so fun just to talk about everything and nothing, laugh, catch up, and build one another up. 

There's a lot coming up:
Hanging out with new church friends and catching up with old church friends this week!

Pullen Park Round 2 with Whitney and Aaron.

Summer Orientation over the next 3 weeks - with a conference in Philidelphia in between (4 days away from Derrick and only my second time flying ever...I'm both pumped and very anxious). 

Small group family outings and First Friday dinners.

Bowling and dinner with my girl friends and their husbands. 

A weekend trip to Charlotte to see my friend Carrie's play...


Stay tuned for my sizzling summer series:
After the response from my last bikini blog post (thank you for your support!), I've decided to tackle a rarely covered subject in Christian circles...unless you see a table of newly wed women quietly whispering in the corner...

Sex. 

I've gotten opinions, advice and ideas from my panel of sexperts (okay, really, my panel of newlywed and not-so-newly-anymore-wed friends) - and I'm excited to share. It will most likely become a 4-6 part post over the next month or so - so stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment