Friday, March 8, 2013

A Day Off and a Week On

Last week's attitude adjustment worked. Well, really, God worked in me through my attitude adjustment. And the past week - no matter how busy - has been peaceful and blessed. I chose to be in every moment and enjoy it without worrying about what was next on the agenda. 

And...*drum roll*...tomorrow I have a free day.
And, yes, it's killing me a little. Free days normally stress me out. (I'm weird, I get it). But I've already made my mental to do list, so I'm feeling a little better.

A full day of no where to be. No money to spend. A day of housework and laundry and cooking and cleaning - but no other obligations. And I'm okay admitting it. I plan to take my time with the laundry. Clean (yes, I'm excited about that). Cook a delicious but simple lunch. Read a lot. Work out. Spend time with my best friend-husband. And then have dinner with my parents, where we will watch Survivor and The Bible.



This upcoming week will be another full one, and I'm getting more and more excited as everything falls into place. 

We're having a special Science Web Chat for six hours on Monday night, where I get to take a step back into 7th grade and chat with prospective students about Campbell online. I'm totally on board for any official work that I can do from the couch in my PJs with the Bachelor in the background.
 Should be good. 
  

 Then on Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday, I'll be busy celebrating the marriage of one of my dearest friends. I still remember the moment that the beautiful, tall, Puerto Rican from Las Vegas stepped into the lunchroom at Wake Christian. Only God knew, at that time, how our hearts would connect and what amazing memories would be in store. Now I get to celebrate Jessica's wedding with and marriage to her best friend and person - John.

It will be a week full of connecting with others who are interested in Campbell. And connecting with others who share my love for Jess. I love the way God brings beautiful Christians together - and how, even when you've just met, He can make it feel like you've known each other for years. 

A week full of hair spray and nail polish and eye shadow. Music and laughter and prayer. Advice and memories and new adventures. Catching up and celebrating wedding #6 with old friends and making new friends. 





No comments:

Post a Comment