Sunday, March 24, 2013

Best friends and birthdays!

This past week held a couple of big blessings...some I'll tell you about later, but two I'll mention now.

Derrick and I got to see some of our best and dearest friends - our Best Man and Matron of Honor - all in one week. This is rare. Very rare. 

See, Joel and Ashley live in Alabama. They moved there just a little while after Derrick and I began dating, but the distance hasn't hindered how much we love them. The minute I met Joel and Ashley, I instantly felt like I'd known them for years. We only get to see them 1-3 times a year...so it's a big deal when we do.

 Whitney and Aaron live in North Raleigh/Wake Forest. Whitney's been my best friend since 4th grade; we've literally grown up together and gone through everything together. We normally see them about once a month. 

But this week we met Aaron and Whitney for dinner in Raleigh. We tried a new restaurant at The Depot. A fancy Mexican restaurant with green salsa and steak tacos - anywhere that offers free chips and salsa is good with me. I love the random little adventures we go on with these two. 


And Joel and Ashley were in town for a concert with their Southern Gospel group - Justified. We went to the concert with our dear friends (and another groomsman) Allen and Sara. It was such a blessing to see Joel and Ashley do what they love and use their talent to worship Jesus. But, of course, the whole thing made me miss them even more. I've already listened to their CD three times. True story.


(Random interruption: Three years ago today - March 24 - I started my job at Campbell. One of the most life-changing, awesome days of my life! Can't believe it's been three years)

Now it's on to Derrick's birthday week!!! Woot! I'm so pumped to get to spend some time celebrating and loving on my wonderful hottie husband. 25 years ago tomorrow God blessed the world - and mostly me - with the handsome, hilarious Derrick Green. 


Birthday week = 
Monday night - celebration with Derrick's Dad
Tuesday night - celebration with Derrick's Mom 
Wednesday night - relax at home/celebrate with our church group
Thursday night - celebration with my parents
Friday and Saturday - beach trip for Derrick and Renee :) 

Sunday - Celebrate that Jesus overcame death to give us life! 
All of our family at our house for Green Easter :) 




No comments:

Post a Comment