Friday, March 1, 2013

An Attitude Adjustment for myself...


Recently my life has been really blessed and really full. Really in a good place.

And really busy.

And that's what I've focused on. How busy I am. Sure, I daily focus on the blessings...but I've also daily been agonizing about the busy-ness. 

I'm always thinking...
I can't believe they're on another vacation. I can't believe she admitted to having nothing to do this weekend. I can't believe they had time to watch a movie. What does she do all day?



 

I want to do the most. Make the biggest difference. Be the most involved. Be the busiest. I think that makes me better. 

But this month I've become really self-aware. Of my strengths and weaknesses. Of really thinking through when to say yes and when its okay to say no. Of when to delegate and let others share the load. Of how to love on others and be involved but also respect myself and my time. It's a work in progress. I'm still pretty sure that the word "No" isn't going to make an appearance in my vocabulary anytime soon.

This weekend is another busy weekend. And this morning I found myself focusing on the overall abundance of things I have going on this weekend. Getting stressed. And not being excited. 

And then I just said STOP IT. 


Are these things you want in your life? 
Yes.

Are these events and responsibilities about loving those awesome people God put in your life and celebrating them and building relationships? 
Yes

Are your relationships with your husband, family, friends, and work still strong and growing, inspite of and/or due to these responsibilities? 
Yes.

On Sunday night, will you look back with good memories that will forever be tucked away in your heart? 
Yes.

Stop it, Self. 

Focus on one thing at a time. Really be there. Be present. Be excited. Be awesome. 

And stop focusing on being busy.  



(Not sure how well this will work...but at least I'm aware I need to be working on it).

1 comment:

  1. Really like your blog posts! :)

    Have a Beautifully Blessed Day | Jayma

    http://jaymastips.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete