Thursday, August 30, 2012

Wear Your Colors...Every Day

There's no doubt where I work. Where I went to school. Where I fell in love. 

My car proudly states that I am a Campbell University alumni and faculty/staff.

My night shirt supports CU Athletics.

My husband often sports Campbell tees. I always feel a little happier when he wears anything CU. Free advertising :)

My closet now has orange pants, orange sweaters. orange shirts, orange dresses, orange jewelry...oh yeah, and orange nail polish.

Our spare bedroom closet probably has about 30 Campbell t-shirts collected through the years.

I always wanted to come to Campbell, I'm proud I was a student here, and now I'm proud of the work I do here.

Today is "Wear Your Colors" Day for colleges...and it's Campbell's first football game of the season, which is also our first night game. It's an exciting day in the Creek.

I'm wearing my orange dress and orange necklace. Go orange! (<this was the only orange option).



This morning, as I was so excited about my cute orange outfit, I started thinking about how obvious it is that I support Campbell. That I love Campbell. That I have a relationship with Campbell. That I'm proud of Campbell.

Is it just as obvious in my life that I'm a Christian? That I support the Christian mission. That I love God. That I have a relationship with Jesus Christ. That I'm proud of my Savior, Creator, Father, and Friend?

Does my attitude reflect Him?

Does my daily life and choices point others to Him?

Can others tell there is something different about me? And it is something they want?

Does my home reflect my walk with my God?


Being proud of a school is awesome. Being proud of a Savior is even better!

 We are therefore Christ’s ambassadors, 
as though God were making his appeal through us. 
We implore you on Christ’s behalf: Be reconciled to God.
 2 Corinthians 5:20

No comments:

Post a Comment