Sunday, August 5, 2012

How do you SERVE?

At this point in my life, I realize fresh each day that my life isn't just for me. I need to use each day to make a difference in the world, to encourage, to build up, to serve...To make an impact for eternity. It's easy when it's easy. But when it requires me to reach out of my comfort zone or give up my time it becomes a little harder.

So I'm always looking for ways to serve. Opportunities to minister. Little moments throughout the day that God puts in my life to use me. A smile. A kind word. A listening ear. A prayer of support. An opportunity to give. A chance to show mercy and grace.

So many times I miss those moments. I throw away opportunities. I chicken out. I don't feel like I serve enough. I'm still far from giving my life, my time, my resources for God like I should...

So I want to know more ways to serve. I'd love to hear how you serve. In your church. In your community. What organizations you serve with. Creative ways you serve. Every day. On occasion. Using your talents. Giving of your time.

Leave a note below or comment on my facebook post. How do you serve?



Each one should use whatever gift he has received to serve others, 
faithfully administering God's grace in its various forms. 
1 Peter 4:10

No comments:

Post a Comment