Sunday, August 19, 2012

The most wonderful time of the year too...

August has not only always meant my birthday...but it has always meant back to school. It's a time of year that I have always looked forward to...

 
Buying back to school supplies, picking out new patterns and colors, buying new clothes and wondering who would look different and what would be different. The excitement, the anticipation. Wondering what this year would hold. What new things, new adventures, new memories, new experiences would await you.

 For the majority of my life, January was not the beginning of the new year. August was.

That is why I love working in a school setting. Our Campbell years are marked from August to May - with an exciting time of preparation and anticipation, quiet and chaos in the middle. And now it's back to school time, and I'm excited.

Every year, I feel like the next school year will be the best yet. We've made adjustments. We've explored new ideas. We have new events and initiatives in place. And campus is filled with new students - just starting out. Their future at Campbell is a blank slate. They will meet best friends, husbands, discover their dreams, and make a million memories.

Last week the faculty came back, and our days were filled with lunch gatherings, encouraging presentations, and meetings to discuss the upcoming year. I loved the busy-ness, the noise, the excitement. It was good to see life breathed back into Buies Creek.

And my students started dropping in again...to talk about their summer, their adventures, their job searches and plans. I love every moment that I get to share their heart and share their dreams.

Tomorrow will be the culmination of our back to school days. Mini-Orientation and advisement, training and lunch with my wonderful ambassadors, department meetings, the president's picnic, and then the street fair. Chaos. Excitement. Fellowship. Planning. Advising. Looking forward. I've been anticipating it for weeks!

So I look forward. To new events. To a new group of students to reach out to, encourage, bless. To new programs and a new communication plan. To new adventures and memories.

Happy New Year!



No comments:

Post a Comment