Monday, August 27, 2012

Out with the old...

There's something inspiring about changing it up. Moving things around. Starting fresh. Reorganizing.

Yesterday Derrick and I had one of those awesome marriage moments:

Setting: Derrick's office. Renee is working from a butterfly chair, trying to organize church serving assignments w/ computer and paper.

Renee: "This would be so much easier if I had a desk."
Derrick: looks at Renee with that look. Gives it a moment.
Renee: Grins sheepishly when she realizes she does have a desk. It's in the guest room. She never uses it.
Renee: "Why don't we just move my desk in here?"
Derrick: " That's not a bad idea...we should do it."
Renee: "Let's do it right now."

3 hours later. One trip to Walmart later. $50 later. Many trashed/given away books later. 2 moved bookshelves later. 1 moved desk later. It was done. And I am now wanting to spend all of my time at my new desk in the office with my husband where we can jam out to music together, and he can ask for my opinion on his video projects while I work on bills or notes or blog...

Now, to my BLOG. 

I've been blogging for almost two years now. Wait, almost three years...wow! I've been sharing my heart, my thoughts, my ideas, my stories, my God, my marriage - and I hope that you have been touched. I am so thankful for my readers, and so hopeful that God uses this avenue to touch you.

All this time, as I've been blogging,  I've never been able to find the perfect background. The right name. The right colors. My blog page has always been good...but never exactly what I was looking for.

Now, as you can tell it has a new look. A new name. New colors. A new feel.

I'm loving it. It's clean. It's colorful. It's fresh. It's inspiring.

But you're my guests. My visitors. And I want this home to be welcoming to you.

What do you think of the blog page decor?

No comments:

Post a Comment