Sunday, July 8, 2012

Pray big.

Smooth jazz is playing in the background. To my left is my Bible and The Circle Maker - a book about prayer that we're starting to read in church. To my right is my notepad, with over a dozen handwritten promises of God showing. I am ready to read about His plan, His love, and cry out to Him in prayer.

But the truth is... I pray too small. Too generic. Too shy for a bold God.

And I don't think it's because of a lack of faith.

I think it's because of fear.

If I pray fluffy prayers, then I can just pray and be. Not pray and do. And it's the doing that scares me.

If I pray boldly. Pray specifically. Pray big. Then that might actually mean that God may answer boldly. Specifically. Big. And that's scary.

It may mean that my comfortable world may become uncomfortable. That I may have to stand up for Him and be put down because of it. That things may radically change.

So I pray easy. I pray small. I pray general, happy blessings.

So my prayer right now is that I would break down those walls and dare to pray big. Dare to believe big. Dare to live big. Dare to dream big.

Because I serve a big God. And He wants to do big things.

No comments:

Post a Comment