Monday, July 25, 2011

I can't believe how long it has been since I blogged. Last week was crazzzzy at work - but I loved it. I got to speak to over 40 prospective students and share my passion for Campbell with them. I would much rather be insanely busy and productive than feel unmotivated. And, in the midst of seeing orange, I feel at my best. And I love it.

On a non-Campbell related topic: Less than 70 days until I get to marry my best friend. It seems like it is almost here...and like I still have to wait forever. And, as I realize that it's only two months and one week, it's easy to get overwhelmed. I need to do this. And that. We need to buy this. And that. What about this. And that. Oh pooh, I forgot this. And that.

But then I remember that in 70 days I will be married to Derrick. I will be Mrs. Derrick Green. There will be no leaving each other at night. And I can kiss him anytime I want. I will finally look over at the other pillow and see him there. We will finally be able to go on fun road trip adventures. I'll finally be married to my very best friend. And none of that other stuff matters so much.

People always ask how wedding plans are coming along. I normally don't say much in reply. I am not one of those brides who loves to talk about her wedding constantly. But here's the answer: Things are good. My dress is perfect and currently being hemmed. We have our bridal party - and have picked out what they're wearing. Our colors are brown, pink, green, and orange. The wedding is at Butler Chapel. The reception is at the Dunn Shrine Club. We're still looking a DJ, but we have our list of songs. We have the photographer. We're having cupcakes. Our menu is set. The flowers are done. Invitations are being addressed and sent out this week.  My mom has her dress, and it's beautiful. I only know of one wedding shower - for my side of the family in August. We went looking for wedding bands last week, and I'm still in shock at the cost. We're going on a cruise for our honeymoon - leaving from Florida and going to Grand Cayman and Cozumel...

I'm mostly excited about getting to spend time with our friends during the wedding festivities.

And the best part is, at the end of it all, I get to be married to my best friend!

(And I'm excited to revamp my blog after I'm married! So stay tuned...)

2 comments:

  1. And I KNOW the photographer!!! :) I am excited for you. I was working on a few things with regards to that day today. I am looking forward to your special day!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is very true that you do not like to say much in regards to the wedding, so I'm glad you gave some details here ;) I'm so excited for your new life- and cannot wait for future blogs!

    ReplyDelete