Friday, July 1, 2011

Complaining.

 "Do not let any unwholesome talk come out of your mouths,
but only what is helpful for building others up according to their needs,
 that it may benefit those who listen."
Ephesians 4:29

Has anyone ever noticed how much people complain? Even Christians seem to constantly be complaining about something.

Someone didn't do something right. The color of the walls doesn't match the floor. We used to do it this way, and it was so much better. I need two hours instead of one. I didn't order this. My food is cold. That's not good enough. She's a slave driver.  No one does anything right.

It is something that really bothers me: The negativity amongst everyone. How easy it is for us to find something to complain about? Someone to complain about. Something not quite right to dwell on.

Just stop. Think about how blessed we are. We have homes. Cars. Most of us have jobs. Families. Televisions. Air Condition. Bibles. Churches. Freedom. Most of us have our health. We have friends. There are so many blessings that surround us - even on our worst day.

And Christians have the most of all to celebrate. We have a God who loves us and has a plan for us. We have an eternity in heaven (read about it!). Let's look at the bigger picture and realize what's important.

Next time you open your mouth to complain, think of all of the things that God has blessed you with. Think of all of the people who don't have what you have. And be thankful.

(Of course, this blog sounds like I'm complaining about complainers. Forgive me ():)

10 Reasons I can't complain:

10. I am blessed to live in Harnett County-Fuquay Varina, North Carolina - in the United States of America!

9. I have air conditioning. A car. A bed. Too many clothes. A shower. A radio. A television. A computer. I live in a house that would be considered a mansion in many other countries. I have  so much more than I need.

8. I had the opportunity to be educated - at Christian establishments. I learned things. I can read - and have an endless amount of books available to me. I have the gift of writing and sharing messages that way. I had the influence of wonderful teachers, mentors and professors.

7. I have amazing, godly friends who encourage and uplift. And we have memories that make me smile.

6. I am never hungry. I may think I am, but there are five fast food restaurants just a couple of miles away, and I always have enough money for something to eat. I am never hungry.

5. I am healthy. Those I love are healthy. Such a blessing!

4. I have a job that I love! I work with some amazing people and get to know a lot of wonderful students. And I can talk about God and say "Have a blessed day" at the end of my emails (Read about it).

3. My family is nearby - and they constantly support me and encourage me, provide for me and make me better. We get along. We have traditions. We laugh. I have parents who love me.

2. I get to marry my best friend. A really cute and wonderful guy who surprises me with Zaxbys and rubs my shoulders :)

1. I have a God who is there for me, has a plan for me, and saved me.

I challenge you to think of all the reasons that you can't complain.

 "Do everything without grumbling or arguing,
so that you may become blameless and pure,
“children of God without fault in a warped and crooked generation.
Then you will shine among them like stars in the sky as you hold firmly to the word of life.
 And then I will be able to boast on the day of Christ that I did not run or labor in vain."
Philippians 2: 14-16

1 comment:

  1. You are speakin' what I "preach" every chance I get. I agree with it all!! When I begin to complain I stop and think of all that you shared and the Lord helps me realize I should really count my blessings instead. Great reminder!

    ReplyDelete