Wednesday, October 27, 2010

A Letter From Christ

“You yourselves are our letter, written on our hearts, known and read by everybody. You show that you are a letter from Christ, the result of our ministry, written not with ink but with the Spirit of the living God, not on tablets of stone but on tablets of human hearts. Such confidence as this is ours through Christ before God. Not that we are competent in ourselves to claim anything for ourselves, but our competence comes from God.”
2 Corinthians 3: 2-5

I’m new at this. And, honestly, I don’t know why you would care what I have to say.

But singers sing, proclaiming their message to the world. Artists paint, sharing their heart with everyone in the form of colors on a canvas. I write – that is the gift and passion that God has given me. And when I say I write…I mean it. I have a journal, a future husband notebook, a Derrick document, and I’ve been meaning to start a journal to my children (future children). I have many partially written novels sitting on my desktop, and I’m hoping to write and publish a book of encouragement for young women. I write emails, cards, facebook messages…Also, I write to do lists…lots of to do lists. Sometimes “To Do List” will be on my To Do list – so that I take time to write my list for later. Truth. So I’m going to write – and you can read if you want to.

There will be no obvious theme to this blog. Anything goes: God, love, family, friends, work, politics, anything…Today, though, I want to talk about God and Derrick (check out “Totem Pole” post).

No comments:

Post a Comment