Thursday, February 27, 2014

March Madness

No, not that March Madness. 
 Basketball is not what has inspired me to blog again.

I'm pumped about March, because it's going to hold some pretty epic things. 


First bonus, fresh off the heels of two big events, is that there are no events at work in March, but lots of groups and one-on-one visits - which I love!

Derrick and I are heading to South Carolina to visit our wonderful friends Allen and Sara. They're the kind of friends that we can go on adventures and explore new places with or just stay in our pajamas and play board games. I think God gave Sara the gift of hosting. Their home is always warm and cozy, candles burning and fresh fruit or chocolate chip cookies waiting to be eaten. We're pretty excited to see their new house and explore Asheville, NC with them! 

 Any day this month (they're aiming for the 19th) I could become an "aunt"! My best pal since 4th grade is having her first baby and will bravely be the first in our tight knit group to become a mom. I don't think I've wrapped my mind around how this is or isn't going to change everything, but I do know that Whitney and Aaron are going to be great parents. I'm definitely not ready to have my own child, but I'm really excited to meet and love on Graeme! 

Oh yeah, my husband turns 26 this month. Which is crazy. I'm so excited to celebrate him and the fact that on March 25, 1988, God decided to bless the world and change my life forever (I wasn't born yet, but you know what I mean).

And, to end the much-anticipated month, on March 31, NeedtoBreathe will be in the Creek, and Derrick and I are going with some dear friends from Hope. The cool thing is that we met those same friends for the first time at a NeedtoBreathe concert at the DPAC in April last year. Happy friendship anniversary, Gores!

(And speaking of anniversarys - Happy one year anniversary to John and Jessica Sierra.
I can't believe it's been a year since your fairy tale wedding!)




No comments:

Post a Comment