Saturday, August 31, 2013

Life and stuff.

It's been a while, I know. Happy long weekend! I hope you're all taking this time to relax and spend time with those you love. Last night I got all of the cleaning and laundry done (praise!), so today Derrick and I slept in, enjoyed our morning at home and then had a simple, sweet and productive date day.Thank God for long weekends! 

Here are a few updates on my life. 

Work's going surprisingly well. Getting settled. Every day is a new challenge, a lot to learn and busy from the time I get there to the time I leave...but I can definitely see God's hand in everything, and it's great to be a part of a strong team with the purpose of sharing our passion for Campbell! 


I have a huge weakness for fast food. I love eating out. I try to take my lunch to work and then end up running to pick up french fries or something...so these past few weeks I've been making a point of stocking up on beautiful, fresh, healthy options. I'm aware how important it is to choose healthy foods - and I'm trying to discipline myself to make better choices. 


Fall is just around the corner! I'm getting excited. Work gets busier in the fall, but fall also means mountains trip with the family, our 2nd wedding anniversary, warm and cozy weather, delicious smells, leaves changing... 

Weeknights are still busy with family nights, church and nights out with friends - and I wouldn't trade any of that for anything. Right now we're making our way through the show Supernatural - being brave enough to watch it every night before bed. Derrick has been playing a lot of guitar recently, and I love listening, dancing and singing along. He informed me today that there was nothing in the world that he needed. I feel the same way - we are truly blessed. 

It's been nice checking in with you. 
The rest of our long weekend includes worshiping our amazing Creator tomorrow and filling the rest of our time with resting and relaxation. Hope you have an amazing weekend as well! 



No comments:

Post a Comment