Tuesday, September 20, 2011

A guy who doesn't...

Disclaimer: This blog is not meant to judge anyone who reads it. It is simply my opinion on things that I appreciate.

Today I was listening to the radio, and a song came on that's premise was about a guy who needed was a beer in his hand. There are many songs out there and people out there that share this sentiment, and I started to think about this. I'm not only glad that I have a guy who does a lot of really amazing things, but I'm also glad that I have a guy who doesn't...

Drink - I grew up in a non-drinking family, and I always saw it as wrong. Black and white. Don't drink. End of story. Now that I see shades of grey, I realize that it isn't necessarily a sin to drink (though it is a sin to get drunk). But I still don't see the point in it. And I don't think I would be comfortable around it.  I am blessed that the guy I'm marrying doesn't see the point in it either. I'm blessed to be marrying a guy who can't relate to all the drinking songs.

Smoke - I am used to people smoking. My father smokes, and I love him with my whole heart. But I hate when we're riding in the car, and I can't breathe. The smell it leaves everywhere. I'm blessed to have a man who doesn't smoke.

Cuss - For me, your choice of words is more about the spirit behind the words than the word itself. If you're degrading someone, it doesn't really matter what word you use - because you're being mean-spirited and hurting someone else. If you hit your toe on the corner of the bed, it doesn't really matter to me what word you use - because it hurts and you aren't directing it at anyone. But I don't promote cussing nor do I think it's necessary. And I'm very blessed to have a guy who makes up crazy exclamations instead of using words that might hurt his testimony.

So I know the things I talked about are pretty cliche. "I don’t smoke, drink, chew or run around with the girls that do..." And I am not saying that they are all necessarily wrong. But I am saying that I'm glad I found a guy who doesn't do those things.

1 comment:

  1. ... and I am glad you found a guy that doesn't do those things, too. <3 It won't be long!

    ReplyDelete