Thursday, August 4, 2011

Less than 60 days...

Time until the wedding used to be this big wide open space. We had plenty of time. No worries.

I realized this morning that I now see the time between now and the wedding as a series of weekends. 8 weekends to be exact. 8 Saturdays to get things accomplished. 8 Sunday afternoons wishing we were married. 8 more weeks living at home. 8 more weeks with my last name. Only 8 (this is written with every emotion possible).

And I can easily spout off what the theme of each weekend is:

August 5-6: Beach with my best girl friends in celebration of my marriage!
August 13: 23 Birthday!
August 21: Wedding Shower with Derrick's Family
August 28: Wedding Shower with my Family (sidenote: people giving me showers makes me feel both excited and extremely selfish).
September 3-4: Free, probably house-related duties
September 10: ROTC Visitation and CAS Tailgating Cookout
September 17: Visitation Day
September 24-25: Celebrating my Dad's birthday, wedding/house details

Looking at that calendar of events August makes me excited. September makes me nervous. Will everything fall into place? What am I forgetting? Will we have time to do everything we need to do? Am I planning enough, doing enough? There's not enough time anymore for everything I wanted to do...

God is faithful. He has blessed me so much. And I know that it will all work out. I just need to enjoy every moment. This only happens once :)

1 comment:

  1. Enjoy the ride... It WILL be here before you know it. What a wonderful day that will be!

    ReplyDelete