Thursday, May 26, 2011

Blessings of Best Friends

I am so so so blessed when it comes to wonderful friendships.

First of all, Derrick Hudson Green is my best friend, and October 1 doesn't seem soon enough. I want it to be today, so that we can have sleepovers and stay up late whispering into the night. So that we don't have to say goodbye. So that every day begins and ends with one another.
Without a doubt, friendship is probably the most important thing in a romantic relationship. I love that Derrick and I can talk about everything, want to tell each other about our day or the cool thing we discovered. We laugh together, watch hours of television together, and are completely silly together. So I am beyond blessed to be marrying my best friend.

And, on top of that, Derrick and I have some pretty awesome friends...which is a huge God-thing, because I don't think of either of us as hugely social people.

Recently we have spent countless hours discussing business ventures and conspiracy theories with John and Jessica. Jessica has always inspired me and is one of my very best friends; she can make me calm and excited with one little smile. And they are both such a blessing to us; I'm really glad that Derrick and John hit it off.

Of course, Whitney and Aaron are wonderful friends of ours. Whitney and I have been best friends since 4th grade - and had the pleasure of being a part of each others lives as we fell in love with these fabulous fellas. We don't see Whitney and Aaron as much as I would like (because we live an hour away!), but our monthly meetings in downtown Raleigh have become the setting for many fun memories. And, as my matron of honor, Whitney was there when I bought my wedding dress - and this past week when we picked out the beautiful bridesmaid's dresses.

Bethany is a huge blessing in my life, and I always enjoy doing things with her and supporting her business. she reminds me of home. Allen and Sara have quickly become dear friends of ours, and Derrick really enjoys discussing video and photography with them. They are so talented and have a great heart for the Lord, and I'm enjoying getting to know them.

Evan and Jessi are in Ohio - but they hold a special place in our hearts. Jessi is one of my closest friends, and she and Derrick were instantly buds. They'll be here this weekend - and I'm looking for the perfect memory to make! Joel and Ashley will also be here this weekend. They were Derrick and my first couple-friends, until they deserted us for Alabama. We miss them so much, but are so blessed to still consider them dear friends.

...And that's not even everyone. I bask in the warmth of how much God has blessed me with. Derrick and I may not be social. We may, at times, be boring. We are borderline introverts and on the edge of being hermits. Yet we are surrounded by and busy with these great friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment